Sunday, September 10, 2006

A big update

What I’ve been listening recently.....

1) "Best of the JB’s"
2) "Eddie Bo.....The Hook and Sling" (kind of a New Orleans version of James Brown....very funky, even if Eddie Bo looks kind of like a Russ Troll Doll)
3) Say Hi to Your Mom
4) My Bloody Valentine...."Loveless". One of my all-time favorite albums.
5)Black Eye Peas...."Elephunk". A great album.
6) Corrine Bailey Rae. A super album, recommended by a friend with great taste (thanks for the lead!) who would probably agree with me that "The Toadies" suck. Wait.....that’d be most of my friends......
7) The Velvet Underground & Nico

Today I went into Kmart. I don’t know how they do it, but they manage to make themselves look worse that Walmart. And with limited claw machine options to boot. But at least it’s not crowded.

I received my 3.5 gt Le Crueset Braising Pan yesterday....I gave it a test run tonight with "Kecap manis chicken with star anise and orange peel". Incredibly tasty....I would even go so far to say it was the best chicken I’ve had in an incredibly long time. Kecap manis is an Indonesian condiment that’s basically a thick (chocolate syrup-like) soy sauce sweetened with palm sugar; it’s also a precursor for our western ‘Ketchup’, that most balanced in flavor of all modern condiments. I’d have to say that I’m a big condiment man...I’m a sucker for a good sauce or relish (but then, some would say I’m just a sucker).

Finally, here is a screen shot from "Disco Dancer", that Indian film I was raving about recently. Did you know if you went to a club here in the U.S., and started dancing Indian-movie style, you’d get your ass kicked?




Also, I haven’t really related this story to many people, but I was an extra in an Indian film called "Nothing but Life". I wasn’t dancing, but rather I was practicing my golf. Ask me sometime for the details.

No comments: