Sunday, August 20, 2006

Christmas shopping idea....

Near where I live, there are two different truck stops within a 5 minute drive (my proximity would come in handy if I ever wanted to procure a $10 blow job from one of the so-called “lot lizards”). Of the two, “Love’s” is defiantly the kookiest. Besides snacks and sandwiches (there’s an integral Subway located inside), they sell lots of trinkets and gift items (glass animals, NASCAR hats, stuffed animals, etc.) as well as trucker supplies. Amongst the last category are appliances that can run off your cigarette lighter. The most ridiculous of these is easily the frying pan. I don’t think I need to describe why this is probably a horrible idea. “Oh, I’m sorry officer……..I didn’t see the stop sign because I was flipping my pancakes. Could I interest you in a sausage patty?”.

After checking with my car insurance company to be certain that my policy covered grease fires, I went over to Love’s to pick up one of these fry pans. And they no longer stocked them! But they did have a pizza oven: the box said (I’m not making this up, like I did the desire to buy the frying pan) “It’s like having a pizzeria in your vehicle!”.

No comments: