Sunday, August 06, 2006

Miscellanea pt. 1

Here's a list of things that most people probably don't know about me:

Guitars owned: Fender Squire Telecaster, Gibson Standard SG, Fender American Stratocaster (my newest…only bought it because I got a deal I couldn’t refuse)

Guitar Amps: Roland Micro Cube, Fender ’77 Deluxe Reverb (previous owner was Paula Jean Brown, ex-Giant Sand and Go Go’s member)

Can I actually play the guitar?: Not very well

Topics that friends have banned me from talking about at one time or another: Working at Safeway, Cricket (the game), Star Trek

Least smoothest thing I’ve ever done: Dumped a frosted brownie into the lap of a girl at summer camp, frosting side down. Of course, there are many other close contenders. I admit to being smooth only in theory.

Vertebrate animals that I’ve killed: I euthanized a mortally wounded bat once with a shovel.

Interesting animals I’ve seen around my apartment: Roadrunner (a regular visitor), giant puffy toad.

Strangest food I’ve ever eaten: Coagulated duck blood (in Beijing)

Strangest restaurant name I’ve seen: “Donkey Meat City” (also in Beijing)

Easiest way to annoy me: Be both uninteresting and chatty

Clothes that friends have banned me from wearing: “Freon” baseball cap

Superhuman abilities: Immunity to movies about giant or monstrous animals, ability to remember interesting details about people (even if I can’t remember their name), super grooviness.

Most underrated vegetable: Any type of squash (technically a fruit, but close enough)

Sample of music I’ve been listening to recently: Zero 7, The Replacements, Shonen Knife, Iggy Pop, The Geraldine Fibbers, Devo, Boards of Canada, Dusty Springfield “Dusty in Memphis”

No comments: