Sunday, August 13, 2006

Target playing more games with me

I went to Target today to buy some shampoo, and was once again disappointed to find that they no longer carry the brand that I like (Redken “go clean for men”). Instead of looking all over for this particular hair care product, I decided to try something new. I picked up a bottle of American Crew “Citrus mint” shampoo, along with a bottle of the “Citrus mint” conditioner. I’m sure some will find my choice ridiculous (i.e. SPM), but I’ve often wondered how I could reconcile my love of both Rutaceae and mentha in one formulation. My dream has been fulfilled!

As a related aside, my hair product arrived in the mail this week. However, I didn’t realize that I’d ordered a larger can of forming cream than the one I’ve been using. By my estimate, I have an 18-24 month supply of product now. I’m stalked up for WW III now! Bring it on! My hair will be just fine.....

Speaking of Target, I saw a guy wearing a shirt there that said, in Japanese kanji, "ichiban", which would loosly be translated as "I'm #1!". Didn't those shirts go out in the 70's, or is it cool to recycle cliches, as long as they're in a foreign language that most people can't understand?

No comments: