Saturday, July 01, 2006

Arrival in Boston.

I had a plan to save $200 on my trip to Boston; I booked a cheap redeye flight on JetBlue from Phoenix, with a quick trip to Phoenix on Southwest. I arranged it so that my Southwest flight would get me to Arizona three hours early, plenty of time to catch the flight on the other airline. However, I didn’t anticipate the freak storm in ABQ that would delay my departure by three hours, causing me to miss the JetBlue flight (my plane was diverted to Amarillo for refueling after holding over ABQ for about 45 minutes while the airport was closed). I showed my resourcefulness as a traveler, however, and promptly rebooked my JetBlue flight to fly to JFK (the only later flight from Phoenix…it ended up leaving about 1 a.m.). I got into JFK about 9 a.m, took the subway to Penn station, and caught the Amtrak to Boston. So I made it, even if it took me 10 extra hours.

For dinner last night, I had shabu shabu with Jeff and Kerry.




Since there hasn’t been anything entertaining in this post, I’m including a photo of Cleo, Jeff and Kerry’s cat.

Tonight is the big party at the Silvertone. I'll try and have some good pictures posted tomorrow.....

No comments: