Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back from Boston.

It’s been a few days since I’ve last posted, but I’ve been swamped with activities in Boston. I’m on the plane now, headed back to Phoenix (I’ll be visiting my Grandmother tomorrow before flying home to ABQ). I had a good time on my trip……nothing too crazy but definitely fun. Kerry’s 40th birthday party on Saturday night was a blast; although there were only about 20 people there, many guests came into town just for the event, including Sean I, Danielle and Sean II (the numbers referring to the chronological order of the Seans), Kerry’s mom, uncle (and uncle’s partner), and Jeff Anthis, in addition to myself. I forgot my flash card drive at home, so I can’t post pictures yet, but I will (although, as I’ve already mentioned, there was nothing crazy going on).

Every time I get together with my friends they remind me of things that happened to me or that I said that I have absolutely no memory of (not because of drunkenness, just because I spaced out I guess). For example, the other day Kerry mentioned how I was harassed by a waitress in a chicken pot pie restaurant in Anaheim, CA. The most famous case of one of my fugue-related memory lapses, however, involved the Circle K across the street from where I lived in Tucson. Apparently I made the claim at least once that I could be the ruler of that Circle K. I guess I could have, but we’ll never know since the store closed and became a generic mini-mart and if I’m going to rule over a convenience store I want to set my sights high.

This weekend I made three bets with friends; I’ve already won one, another I’m sure I’ll win, and the third I think I have a pretty good chance on. The first bet was with Danielle, and involved the ability of cats to taste sugar. I said cats can’t; since I was correct she owes me a sushi dinner. Jeff didn’t believe my item about Matt Damon playing Captain Kirk in the new Star Trek movie, and so he’ll be sending me a bottle of good gin. Finally, Sean Madden made the claim that his father-in-law’s tractor was from the 1920’s; although I’ve never seen the tractor, I was skeptical of the age from Sean’s description and my knowledge of what antique tractors look like (last year my office calendar theme was antique tractors). I’m fairly confident that Sean will be eating a pound of canned Vienna sausages (including the juices), although I’ll admit that there is a chance that I’ll be eating a pound of coleslaw at once (this is a left-over from a previous dare that never was followed through). I must admit that I’m always surprised that people never learn that they shouldn’t tangle with me.

No comments: