Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sausages and anteaters

Tonight I walked over to the grocery store to pick up a couple cans of Vienna Sausages for Sean, since his father-in-law’s tractor turned out to be a 1948 Ferguson (I bought Armour brand, because I hear they use only the finest quality mechanically separated chicken, beef anus by-products, and pork mucus gland extract). The sausages are packed in some sort of fluid…….although we didn’t specify how the sausages were to be served, I’m sure the “broth” would taste better warmed up. But it’s up to Sean how he’d like to eat the sausages; I have seen him shoot a glass of room-temperature chicken juice, so this is another area of expertise for him.

In the summer, my yard is even more useless than the rest of the year because of the large number of ant hills. This has got me thinking, would an anteater make a good pet? Going to the internet machine, I find this link that describes just such a situation. Anteaters aren’t too affectionate (apparently they can learn to tolerate humans, and like to have their head scratched), but that doesn’t matter since all I want is something to eat the ants, an activity that they are very good at. If they attack with their sharp claws, they can be dangerous, but otherwise they like to lick things with their sticky tongue. If people can keep boa constrictors as pets, you should be able to have an anteater (it seems that every year you hear about some weird snake guy getting killed by his overly-large constricting snake).

Speaking of pets and sausages, I talked to a friend today who bought a pet turtle a month ago. Apparently, she tried a number of foods for the turtle before she found something that it liked: barbequed sausage. I hope that she expands its diet before it gets some sort of sausage-related vitamin deficiency.

No comments: