Sunday, July 30, 2006

A slow news weekend

On Friday, I went to a comedy club (somebody at work had free tickets); this was only my second trip to such an establishment. Comedian #1 was OK….his act was definitely inspired by Dennis Miller (he even sounded a bit like the guy). The headliner was definitely talented, with good timing and plenty of skilled impersonations (in addition to some tight guitar playing in one of his bits), but some of his act was a bit tired. How many times have you heard a joke about calling customer service, and getting a guy in India? Also, playing the “gay impersonation” card is a bit old. Finally, he did a segment on Minnesota accents, but his accent wasn’t that good. I’d give him a 6 out of 10.

Other news: I bought a new yo-yo yesterday. I had to order it on the Internet, since I don’t know anyplace around ABQ to buy a bearing-shaft trick yo-yo. Did you know that you can spend almost $100 dollars on a yo-yo? (I didn’t spend nearly that much, of course……I have to save my money for my $40 haircuts).

Not much else going on. I’ve been watching season 2 of the “Rockford Files”. Also, since I finished my book on lobsters, I started a book on the social/historical impact of bananas in America.

No comments: